Makeup Ispiration #1 - Katy Perry VMA 2017


I've been thinking many times about trying to recrete someone's makeup, especially celebrity ones, but never really did it just because I always forget! When I have to do my own makeup I'm usually in a rush so I tend to create something at the moment, depending on how much time I have and what I feel like wearing. 
Some days I just feel like mascara and a gloss, whilst sometimes I need some heavy duty makeup ALL ON MA' FACE :D

Today, since I had some spare time, I decided to recreate Katy Perry's VMA 2017 makeup, done on her by the amazing celebrity makeup artist Hung Vanngo. I admire his work so much and I really love every single look that he creates because they are all so unique but wearable at the same time
Of course it doesn't look exactly the same (hers looks a lot more pink than mine,ooops), I tried to put the attention on the eyes and not so much on the complexion. 
I am pretty happy with how this turned out, even though the camera didn't capture the glow as it really showed in real person. 
The makeup is a soft cut crease with no harsh lines, with hints of pink and subtle brown. Katy wears false lashes as well but I don't like them on myself, usually I just apply them on clients if they request so. 
I hope you like the result and let me know if you have some makeup looks I should try to recreate! :)




 PRODUCTS USED FOR THIS MAKEUP:
Foundation - KIKO Anti-Age Foundation in 05 Light Tan
Powder - GUERLAIN Compact Foundation with Crystal Pearls in 12 Rosè Delicat
Soft contour - MAC  Pro Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture
Brows - ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe
Eyeshadows - A mix of 1) GUERLAIN Ombre Eclat Duo&Liner in L'Heure Brune 340 and 
2)DIOR 5 Colour Iridescent Eye Shadow Graphic Lights No. 859 Limited Edition palettes
Eyeliner - SEPHORA Classic Line 24H felt liner, smudged with black eyeshadow
Mascara - ESSENCE Lash Base + CLINIQUE High Impact Extreme volume in black
Lips - ESTEE LAUDER Long Lasting Lipstick in 117 Rose Tea 

I set the makeup with the SEPHORA Beauty Amplifier Spray.


Commenti