Summer Favourites Round-up :)


Autumn is finally approaching and it is one of my favourite seasons:)
 I can already picture myself wearing cozy knits and boots, reading a book while sipping a cup of tea, listening to the pouring rain..aaahhh I just can't wait! But, since up to the 21st of september we are technically still in summer, I thought it was just the right time to write a post about some staple products which have accompanied me during the hot months.  
Let's begin with what I love the most, makeup:

KRYOLAN TRIO HIGHLIGHTER PALETTE:
I don't have the specific name for this one because I received it at a course I attempted last december and I can't find the exact same one on their website. They have the same colours in a 8 highlighter palette that you can check here.
I really want my skin, especially during the summer period, to look healthy and glowy but in a nice, subtle way. I don't enjoy those "in the face" highlighter lines that are so on trend right now: to me they seem way too unnatural and unnecessary. That's when this palette comes in handy: the colours are glowy but absolutely not shimmery or glittery. They are easy to blend but not very pigmented, hence why you can build the intensity as you fancy. I apply the colours with a fan brush and, light-handed, dust them on the higher points of my face (cheek bone and lightly on the brow bone). I very often use them as eye-shadows as well. They give such a natural result and pair so perfectly with a simple complexion and a bold lip look. 
 
YSL ROUGE PUR COUTURE GLOSSY STAIN LIP GLOSS 14
And talking about bold lips, this is one of the most reached products of my summer: I know it may actually seem a pretty autumnal colour, but I just loved it so much with a perfect clean base, black mascara and the pop of colour on the lips. What I think makes it perfect is the formula: it has the intensity and the comfort of a lipstick, with a stain power that makes it so long-lasting, but with a glossy finish which is so summer appropriate! The colour is a deep cherry red which make my green eyes pop as well:) 

MAX FACTOR NATURAL MINERALS FOUNDATION IN 80 BRONZE
I was always very unwilling to try mineral foundation..I just couldn't figure out how to use it correctly. Then I received this, which is clearly way too dark for my pale skin, and thought that I should at least try and use it as a bronzer. Best decision ever. I lightly apply it on the cheeks and forehead and my face is instantly warmed up, has some dimension and I don't look like a ghost anymore :D The coverage is so natural-looking and buildable, it applies evenly without leaving patches and I was very pleasantly surprised by it. 

YSL TOP SECRETS RE-PLUMPING CONCENTRATE
Usually lip balms are one of those makeup products that one tends to overlook in terms of quality. I was one of those people that always purchased 2€ chapsticks from the drugstore and be ok with them. Until I realised I had to apply them constantly in order to not have flaky lips. The more I used them the more I had to reapply the balm. Something wasn't right. Then I decided to try and invest in a better quality one because, at least for me, lip balm is one of the most used products in my day to day life. And let me tell you, this one did not disappoint me AT ALL. Totally worth every penny.Of course there are also cheaper lip balm options that are good, I probably didn't find one yet.
 The product comes in a 15 ml tube, a decent amount of product, perfectly fits in my smallest bag, cute packaging. Very subtle scent. I apply it in the morning just on its own or 10 minutes before any lipstick, in order to give it time to absorb a little bit. Leaves the lips feel truly hydrated for all day, feels comfortable to wear, not sticky, with a lucious finish. After I use it I feel my lips smoother and supple, more redifined. It is a product that really does what it claims. Try it!

YSL EXFOLIATING LIP BALM 
I swear I didn't realize how many YSL favourite products I had until now, oopsie. This is a product I recently discovered and it's obviously not necessary if you don't want to splurge on beauty products. I guess it belongs in the category of items you never knew you needed, but once own, can't imagine living without it! It exfoliates the lips much better and more evenly than any other methods I know of, it smells fresh and minty, perfectly preps the lips for any lipstick application and leaves them feel hydrated and plumped. The exfoliating beads look like strawberry seeds and sugar mixed with a rich gloss. Even though it's expensive, a little goes a long way so it will certainly last you for a very very long time!

MONOTHEME VENEZIA "AGRUMI DI SICILIA" EAU DE TOILETTE
According to their website, "The brand Monotheme, was created to offer a large range of monothematic fragrances. Formulated in accordance with perfumery tradition, each fragrance is characterized by a dominating raw material. Vivacious and persistent, the notes are both classic and innovative." YES THEY ARE! What more could I ask from a summer scent apart from being fresh and revitalizing? This one smells like citrus fruits with musky notes. It is perfect on those hot summer days when you just want something fresh, which wakes you up in the morning. Very nice!

COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE - EAU DE VOYAGE VANILLE BANANE (DISCONTINUED)
I don't even like sweet scents...how the hell am I loving this so much I don't even know, somebody tell me. 
It has dominating fruity, sweet and vanilla accords but they are so bearable in a weird way. It's not an overwhelming scent, nor a scent that could get unnoticed. It's one of those perfumes which takes you to far-off lands, exotic beaches and cocktails.. that's how I feel when I wear this fragrance. Teleported on vacation. 

CLUSE WATCH 
I received this watch as a family gift for my birthday at the very beginning of june and I can't stop wearing it. I've never been a watch person..or an accessory one in general. But since june this is the only thing that never left my wrist. No bracelets, no rings. This is the only accessory I need. As I mentioned in my HOW TO LOOK STYLISH ON A BUDGET, I am a pretty minimal kind of person. I don't like wearing jewelry in general..but this whatch is so simple, chic, minimal and versatile that is just an all-around must. It goes with almost everything in my wardrobe thanks to the nude strap and black dial. It perfectly goes with the more chic outfits as well as with the more casual ones, which it elevates. Despite its semplicity, every look seems to be complete when I wear it. You can find the exact same model here La Bohème Full Black/Nude

 I hope you enjoyed this post, kisses, Antonia :)


Commenti