CATRICE HD Liquid Coverage foundation+concelear REVIEW

Happy Tuesday everyone! 
Today I decided to review two products I've been testing for the last month or so and which have been hyped so much on the blogosphere. I'm talking about the CATRICE Hd Liquid Coverage foundation and the Liquid Camouflage high coverage concelear.


Everyone was talking about the foundation in particular but when I saw that they had a concelear as well, I decided to try them both.
First of all they are drugstore products, therefore they are really affordable. I bought both products in store and paid 8€ for the foundation and 3,50 or 4€ for the concelear. I tried to capture how the products looked on my skin and hopefully you can see how they show in pictures.

Everyone on the internet was raving about this foundation, claiming that it had a very natural finish and a good durability. Let's see my thoughts on it. 

THE FOUNDATION: 020 ROSE BEIGE

Comes in a glass bottle with a pipette (which I find really simple to use and perfect for dosing the product). It has 30 ml of product.
Has a light pleasant scent and a watery consistency.
I tried to apply it in different ways (with my fingers, brush and sponge), to see how I like it the most and I prefer to apply this foundation with a kabuki brush and then quickly set it with a sponge, because I think it leaves the most beautiful finish. 
On the packaging it says it is a mattyfing and lightweight foundation with a 24 hour lasting power. 
I find it a really lightweight foundation indeed, with a second skin effect and not overly mattyfing. It has a matte finish but it doesn't look powdery. 
What I noticed, being a mattyfing foundation, it is more suitable for oily skin types rather than normal to dry ones. I have normal skin with a tendency to dry out so I always make sure to hydrate REALLY well my face before applying it: I sometimes even apply a rich moisturiser and add 1 or 2 drops of face oil to dilute the foundation and give it a more dewy finish. If you skip this step (not necessarily the oil but the moisturiser), the foundation will dry your skin and make it feel tight and uncomfortable. 
So if you have normal to dry skin make sure to apply a rich moisturiser beforehand, if you have oily skin you can of course omit this step.
It is a foundation that lasts very well throughout the day. Of course I can't confirm the 24 hours durability because I would never stay for that long with my makeup on :D but I can say that lasts for 10 hours amazingly well, even without a primer. 
Talking about the coverage, I would say it is a medium one, but buildable if you need to cover more visible imperfections. I don't have problematic skin, just a little bit of redness around the nose and few imperfections here and there, but nothing major to cover. 
Here I am without any makeup. As you can see I have redness going on and a spot on the jaw, but nothing major luckily.

So for what I personally have to cover, it worked really good in evening out my complexion. 
What I liked most about this product it's that, even though it is a mattifying foundation, it gives a luminous finish to the skin without making it look cakey or dull. APPROVED!

THE CONCELEAR: 010 PORCELLAIN
This concelear comes as well in a glass tube and has 5ml of product. It is a little bit too light for me but in this winter months it's not so evident since I am so pale...Has a very lovely smell as well, floral I would say.
It is a waterproof concelear and has high coverage power. I applied it with a damp sponge.
From my point of view and the way I usually like my concelear to look, I didn't like it so much. I wouldn't necessarily reject it completely but it shows too much under the eye area and shows in the fine lines if not IMMEDIATELY set with powder. The problem is that, after setting it, it tends to dry out very much and I much prefer my under eye are to look hydrated and glowy.
As I previously said I don't have oily skin so maybe that's just my problem. I put an eye-cream before applying it but wasn't enough: it still showed too much for my liking. 
I think this is more suitable for covering spots and imperfections rather than being applied as a concelear under the eye. 
Here I wear both foundation and concelear.

Have you ever tried one of these products? Let me know in the comments below.

xoxo, Antonia :)

Commenti